Permastore has enjoyed significant growth in its domestic and international distribution network over the last two years and has a strategic plan in place for the Company to continue to grow its sales in the agricultural, renewable energy, water and waste water markets. A Senior CAD Technician is required, further building on the Company’s significant investment in AutoCad and Inventor.
The new appointee will join our dynamic Drawing Office Team and take a proactive lead in managing the preparation of drawings, parts lists and other documents for both UK and international projects sold on a global basis. Following an initial period of training, the new CAD Technician will ensure that an exceptional level of draughting support is made available to the Business Units, liaising with Engineering and Manufacturing as required to ensure that all project enquiries and orders won by the Company are proactively managed.
The intention is to appoint an individual with a minimum of two years draughting experience, who have worked within the Engineering and/or Manufacturing sector and are keen to enhance and develop their skill set further. The successful candidates will be based at the Company’s Head Office and world leading Manufacturing facility in Eye, Suffolk.
These posts offer a significant opportunity for the right applicant to join a professional and talented team, and to provide a high level of customer service providing technically complex products.
- To produce approval, fabrication and construction drawings to standard within a given programmed time.
- To assist implementation of Inventor drawing and modelling packages.
- To assist standardisation of manufactured products.
- To assist change and develop more efficient processes within the office.
- To support Company Research & Development Projects.
- To support a progressive departmental attitude towards Health & Safety ensuring that all corporate requirements are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- The accurate compilation of Bills of Materials for customer specific orders and effective release to Production, ensuring that these BOM’s always reflect the current supply situation.
- To liaise with Sales and Project and Engineering Departments to ensure that exceptional client instructions, expectations and commercial matters are clearly advised and understood.
- To contribute to the on-going challenge of improved product quality and general quality via ISO 9001 accreditation.
- In addition, the Senior CAD Technician will manage a small team providing assistance and support on the day to day workload where appropriate.
Education, Experience and Personality:
Ideally candidates will be able to show evidence of the following experience, attributes and skills:
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2D 2013/2014.
- Proficient with Inventor 3D 2013/2014.
- Strong manufacturing/engineering background.
- Production of bill of materials.
- Customer focus – internal and external.
- Commercial acumen.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to deliver objectives by agreed deadlines.
- Initiative and drive.
- Good engineering and technical knowledge.
- Relevant technical qualification.
- ERP system and CNC programming knowledge would be a plus.
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Enjoy working to deadlines within a busy and fast-moving environment.
- Team player.
For a full appointment brief or to register your interest in the above position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org