Permastore’s Engineering Department is recruiting to meet the demands of the Business Units in delivering sales turnover to approved budgets. The work is technically challenging, building upon the Company’s reputation for quality engineering utilising 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis and Enterprise Resource Planning tools. The intention is to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Technical Support Engineer with expertise in civil, structural or mechanical engineering to complement the team. The successful candidate will be part of a team of Design & Development Engineers and will have an enthusiastic outlook. The post will be based at the Company’s Head Office and world leading Manufacturing facility in Eye, Suffolk.
This post offers a significant opportunity for the right applicant to be part of a professional and talented team to further engineering expertise and progress towards Chartered Engineer status.
- To maintain a thorough technical knowledge of all existing standard products and structures.
- To work to current national, European and International standards as required by Permastore’s customers and procedures.
- To utilise best practise and ensure that all designs eliminate hazards and reduce risks, as far as is reasonably practicable.
- To contribute to the ongoing Company Development Programme as part of a project team, as required.
- To maintain a familiarity with current British, European and International Standards relevant to the Company’s products, in particular EuroCodes.
- To maintain the health and safety of yourself and others within the Company.
Ideally a Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineer at degree level but at least HND equivalent. Experience of design of thin walled structures would be advantageous, as would experience or understanding of seismic analysis. Additional education or training in a manufacturing environment would be desirable, including experience of Enterprise Resource Planning software.
Experience, skills and attributes:
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical/structural engineering principles.
- Limit state design.
- Knowledge of EuroCodes and International Design Codes.
- Knowledge and experience of FEA, preferably ANSYS, including Workbench and Design Modeller.
- Proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets for structural calculations.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivation, initiative and drive.
- Good time management.
- Team working ability, both as leader and member.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Understanding and appreciation of other cultures.
- Experience of other industries.
- ERP software familiarity.
For a full appointment brief or to register your interest in the above position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org