With a product history that dates back to 1948, PERMASTORE® Glass-Fused-to-Steel (GFtS) silos provide clean and efficient bulk storage of a variety of products, grains, and forage.
Bulk Solid Storage
PERMASTORE® silos can take advantage of it's exceptional epoxy coating or the inert and exceptional abrasion resistance properties of Permastore’s FUSION® GFtS coatings presenting a hygienic, low friction surface for stored product.
The designs of the silos are tailored to suit specific material properties and allow for a range of loading (filling) and unloading (discharge) systems.
They also can incorporate roofs, cones and connections for pipework and sensors.
Some of the bulk storage applications include:
- Food Production
- Carbon Black
- Soya Meal
- Road Salt
- Grains or other whole or milled food stuffs
With a product history that dates back to 1948, PERMASTORE® GFtS silos provide a proven system to store livestock feed such as haylage, maize and high moisture grains in a technically efficient, waste-free way. The secure sealed system of storage with capacities from 250 to 1400 metric tonnes (275 to 1540 US tons) gives significant benefits to livestock producers including:
- Maximised nutrient value of the feed with lower moisture loss
- Natural conservation without use of chemicals
- Natural suppression of diseases and weeds by the dark, oxygen limiting environment
- Harvesting flexibility and buffer storage for existing grain storage systems
- Permits earlier harvesting to eliminate drying costs
- Traceability of inputs for accreditation schemes
- High quality feed grain
- No drying costs
- Greater palatability for livestock
- High digestibility for livestock
- Exclusion of vermin and birds
- Suitability for organically grown produce
- High animal growth rates and feed conversion efficiency