With a product history that dates back to 1948, PERMASTORE® Glass-Fused-to-Steel (GFtS) silos provide clean and efficient bulk storage of a variety of products, grains, and forage.
Agricultural Silos & Bulk Solids Storage Tanks
PERMASTORE® agricultural silos take advantage of it's exceptional epoxy coating, and the inert abrasion resistant properties of Permastore’s FUSION® GFtS coatings. This presents a hygienic, low friction surface for stored products.
The designs of our agricultural silos are tailored to suit specific material properties, and allow for a range of loading (filling) and unloading (discharge) systems.
Agricultural silos can also incorporate roofs, cones & connections for pipework and sensors.
Some of the bulk solids storage applications include:
- Food Production.
- Carbon Black.
- Soya Meal.
- Road Salt.
- Grains or other whole or milled food stuffs.
With a product history that dates back to 1948, PERMASTORE® GFtS agricultural silos provide a proven system to store livestock feed such as haylage, maize and high moisture grains in a technically efficient, waste-free way. The secure sealed system of storage with capacities from 250 to 1400 metric tonnes (275 to 1540 US tons) gives significant benefits to livestock producers including:
- Maximised nutrient value of the feed with lower moisture loss.
- Natural conservation without use of chemicals.
- Natural suppression of diseases and weeds by the dark, oxygen limiting environment.
- Harvesting flexibility and buffer storage for existing grain storage systems.
- Permits earlier harvesting to eliminate drying costs.
- Traceability of inputs for accreditation schemes.
- High quality feed grain
- No drying costs
- Greater palatability for livestock
- High digestibility for livestock
- Exclusion of vermin and birds
- Suitability for organically grown produce
- High animal growth rates and feed conversion efficiency